GI (Galvanized Iron) pipes are widely used for the purpose of distribution of treated or raw water in rural areas.
When it comes to projects that are larger in nature, GI Pipes are undoubtedly the best choice. This is because they are sturdy, durable, and are resistant to dust and abrasion. GI pipes are also cheap, light in weight and hassle-free to handle and transport.
These pipes are manufactured using mild steel strips of low carbon steel coils. The process involves coating the metal with zinc, which is called galvanization. It is done to protect the pipe from corrosion or rusting. One of the best things about galvanized pipes is that they are highly protected and cannot be damaged even more from corners.
· Higher ductility and longevity
· Anti-rust zinc coating (Galvanization)
· Superior bendability and ease of threading
· Easy to weld which ensures rigorous fabrication
· Perfect for large construction projects – GI pipes are undoubtedly the most suitable when it comes to construction projects of large nature like building construction, construction of manufacturing unit or irrigation systems, etc. It is highly preferred in large construction projects because of its durability and is resistant to abrasion and rust.
· Low maintenance cost – Since GI pipes are coated with Zinc, they are known for staying durable for a long period of time due to their sturdiness. Due to this factor, these pipes are quite cheaper in the long run. These pipes are resistant to corrosion and the so the chance of leakage is also minimal. GI pipes maintain their properties for a considerable time, thus ensuring less maintenance.
· Low-cost piping solution – It is needless to mention that galvanization is the most effective and cheapest method of protecting steel or iron. The process of galvanization does not demand much labour force as so the overall cost of processing is very low. Galvanization is a hassle-free method that does not require any heavy operation.
At Utkarsh India, we stand out as one of the leading GI pipe manufacturers in India. Our GI pipe conforms to national and international standards and is duly approved by all national/International Inspecting & Certification Authorities like SGS, CE, DNV, BVQI, TUV and more.
If you are looking for superior quality GI pipes, then we have got you covered.