Radio, television broadcasting, mobile phone communication, global position systems (GPS) and WiFi are all examples of wireless telecommunications. Wireless technology enables voice and data transmission without wires. From telegraph to Wi-Fi, wireless telecommunications technology has come a long way. As a leading telecom tower manufacturer, we share with you some useful insights on wireless telecommunications:
The first wireless conversation took place in 1880: Much before the invention of transmitter and telegraph, the first wireless telephone conversation took place in 1880 between Alexander Graham Bell and Charles Sumner Tainter who together invented the photophone, a telephone that sent audio over a beam of light.
- A radio transmitter used the Morse code: The first wireless transmitters used the Morse Code or other coded signals to communicate. Later, it became possible to transmit voices and music via wireless. Around the 1920s, the word â€˜radioâ€™ replaced the term wireless telegraphy.
- Modern wireless technology is concerned with data transmission: Modern wireless technology enables data to be communicated over distances without the need for a physical wire.
- Types of wireless networks: There are multiple types of wireless networks that are used for communication. Here are the different types of wireless networks:
- Metropolitan wireless network (MWN): It is a network that covers a bigger area than a single building local area network (LAN). Located in a single geographic area, it is smaller than a wide area network (WAN). It provides access to users across a given geography.
- Wireless local area network (WLAN). A WLAN links devices in a particular local area such as home, school, computer laboratory, campus or office building.
- Wireless personal area network (WPAN): A WPAN links devices over short range. For instance, it connects phones to bluetooth and connects devices such as keyboards, mouse and headphones to a laptop.
- Wireless wide area network (WWAN). It uses mobile telecommunication cellular network technologies to transfer data.
- Types of cellular networks: There are several types of cellular networks used to enable data and voice communications with smartphones. The two primary types are: GSM and CDMA. The primary difference between the two is GSM supports transmitting data and voice both at once, but CDMA doesnâ€™t. Also, in GSM, the customer information is put on a SIM card which can be moved to a new mobile device. Whereas only mobile phones from a set of companies can be used with a CDMA network.
- Difference between Wi-Fi and wireless telecommunication technology: Wi-Fi is a sub-category of wireless technology.
About Utkarsh India Limited
Utkarsh India Limited is a leading telecom tower manufacturer. Our telecom towers are designed as per IS 2062:2011 & IS E-250 and E-350. We have four plants of 12.5Mtr long hot dip galvanizing facility and we use special high grade zinc. To know the telecom tower price, fill in the quote form.