The Environmental Impact and Performance of HDPE Pipes in Co …
Environmental impact of HDPE pipes
The environmental impact of HDPE pipe in service is a direct function of the leakage of transported material that it permeates to the surrounding environment. The environmental impact from leakage of PE pipe is less than that of from equivalent iron or steel pipe due to their lower frequency of leakage. However, consideration should be given to the nature of the fluid being transported and the potential effect on the environment, should third party damage might have. Where particularly hazardous fluids are being transported then sensible precautions should be taken on the location of such pipelines especially near to potable water pipes, aquifers or watercourses. This is true for all pipe materials.
Exfiltration occurs from the permeation of the fluid, particularly gas, from within the pipe through the pipe wall to the external environment. The level of permeation depends upon the type of fluid being carried, the internal pressure and the wall thickness of the pipe. National and International standards have set the maximum allowable level of permeation. For example, the transmission rate per millimetre of pipe thickness for methane should not exceed 75 cm3/m3/24h/bar.
HDPE pipeline is better in terms of energy efficiency, price, durability etc. PI reduces the energy consumption and invigorates the reaction rate. Thereby minimizes the wastage of energy and cost of supplying the energy. Implementing the PI technology improves the quality of the HDPE pipe. As a consequence of applying the cutting edge pipeline engineering technology, it empowers the pipe to resist the harsh and rough climate and offers a long lasting service.
Usage of HDPE Pipes:
- Potable water supply
- Chemical transportation
- De-watering in Mines
- Slurry movements
- Air-conditioning & Refrigeration
- Telecommunication, as conduits for OFC
- Underground laying of electrical Cables
- Surface & Rain water
- Sub-soil drainage
- Landfill gas extraction
- As Mainlines & laterals for Sprinkler Irrigations
- Flood Irrigation
- As Core
- Natural Gas transportation
Requirement of quality fittings in the piping industry
There are various enterprises wherein they require quality pipes and fittings for which the HDPE pipes can be used.
How will these pipes benefit the consumer?
- If you are an entrepreneur and supplying pipes to customers all around; it becomes essential to give quality and customer satisfaction.
- These pipes made by HDPE pipe manufacturers in Kolkata are used by the government sector for transporting potable water to places where there is a problem of water.
- Due to their low maintenance cost and easy installation, these are used in cases of sewage industries by both private and public enterprises.
- Being frost resistance in nature, their utility in agricultural fields becomes really advantageous.
- HDPE pipe manufacturers in India make pipes which are resistant to corrosion make them the ideal way of transporting chemicals and other effluents.
If you are willing to get these pipes supplied for your industry or personal needs, it is better to have a word with HDPE pipe manufacturers or HDPE pipe suppliers that have years of expertise in the same field and can supply quality material.