CPVC pipes and fittings are widely used for hot and cold water applications in homes, high-rise apartments, hotels, hospitals, and offices. CPVC pipes have been relied on for decades for transporting potable water safely and hygienically. If you are planning to buy CPVC pipes, here are some frequently asked questions on CPVC pipes that you will find useful:
Question 1. What is a CPVC pipe?
It is a type of pipe made from chlorinated polyvinyl chloride. CPVC’s inherent chemical resistance and durability make it an ideal material for transporting water.
Question 2. Why is CPVC preferred over metal pipes?
CPVC pipes offer many advantages over metal pipes, and some of them include:
- Ideal for transporting potable water: As metal pipes corrode easily, they compromise water quality. The corrosion-resistant property of CPVC pipes makes them ideal for transporting potable water without affecting water quality.
- CPVC pipes are chemical resistant: Often, chlorine-based disinfectants are added to water to kill germs and microorganisms. Chlorine-based disinfectants can cause metal pipes to fail prematurely. However, there is no such worry with CPVC pipes as they are resistant to chemicals.
- CPVC pipes are cost-effective: Metal pipes are heavy and thus involve high transportation costs. CPVC pipes are lightweight and easy to install. Not just that, unlike metal pipes, CPVC pipes do not require regular maintenance. All these features make CPVC value for money.
Question 3. Are CPVC pipes good for plumbing?
Yes, CPVC pipes are ideal for plumbing applications. They are used for water mains for domestic and industrial use.
Question 4. Are CPVC pipes good for industrial use?
Yes, as CPVC pipes are corrosion resistant, they are used for carrying chemicals in sugar, paper, and distillery. They are also used for transporting salt water and other chemicals.
Question 5. What is the life of a CPVC pipe?
Good quality CPVC pipes can last for almost five decades, depending on the quality of the pipe and operating conditions.
Question 6. Which is the best quality of CPVC pipe?
If you are looking to buy the best quality CPVC pipes and fittings, explore Utkarsh CPVC pipes and fittings. Our CPVC pipes are known for their durability and resistance to corrosion, making them an excellent choice for both residential and industrial applications. Additionally, Utarksh CPVC pipes are easy to install and require little maintenance, making them a cost-effective option.Some of the most notable benefits of Utkarsh CPVC pipes and fittings include:
- Durability: Our CPVC pipes are designed to withstand wear and tear and exposure to harsh elements. This makes them an ideal option for both indoor and outdoor applications.
- Corrosion resistance: Our CPVC pipes are resistant to corrosion, making them an excellent choice for use in areas where water quality is a concern, such as well water systems.
- Leakproof: Our CPVC pipes and fittings are formed into one integrated system using solvent cement. When properly installed, they do not leak.
- Low maintenance: Our CPVC pipes require little maintenance, making them cost-effective for many homeowners and businesses. Additionally, our CPVC pipes are easy to install, which further reduces the overall cost of ownership.