If you are designing and installing a new lighting system or retrofitting an old one, there are key factors you need to take into consideration. Lighting systems for industrial facilities is not as simple as turning a switch on and illuminating the workplace. There are many factors that need to be considered in terms of safety of those who will be working there. As one of the leading high mast pole manufacturers in India, we share with you some industrial lighting safety tips:
- Make sure that the work area is well-lit. This will help the staff see potential hazards and avoid accidents.
- Use the proper light for the job. Be sure to choose an industrial light that is appropriate for the task at hand.
- Lights must be inspected regularly. They should be checked for any damage or wear and tear that could potentially cause an accident. Bulbs should not be changed bare hands as this can lead to accidental burns.
- Reducing glare from lamps
Install GFCI (Ground-Fault Circuit Interrupters)The GFCI (Ground-Fault Circuit Interrupters) device is an important part of any electrical safety plan. It provides added protection against electrical shocks and electrocution by interrupting the flow of electricity in the event of a ground fault. While GFCI devices are not required by law, they are highly recommended for any outdoor lighting or industrial lighting installation.When installing GFCI devices, it is important to carefully follow the manufacturer's instructions. Pay close attention to the ground fault circuit interrupter's rating and always use a device with a higher rating than the circuit it is protecting. It is also important to install GFCI devices in areas where there is a risk of shock or electrocution, such as near swimming pools, hot tubs, or in damp or wet locations.Electrical maintenance work should be carried out with utmost caution. The main power supply should be shut off during electrical maintenance.
- Select lamps with a lower colour temperature.
- Use diffusers or reflectors to reduce glare.
- Position lamps so that they do not shine directly into workers' eyes.
- Install shades or filters on lamps to reduce glare.
- Adjust the light output of lamps to reduce glare.
- Encourage workers to report any problems with glare from lamps.
- Regularly inspect lamps and lighting fixtures for signs of wear or damage.
- Replace any lamps or lighting fixtures that are not working properly.
Note: Keep a first-aid kit nearby. In case of an accident, it's always good to have a first-aid kit close by. All employees who work with the lighting systems or are part of the electrical maintenance team should be trained in emergency first aid.
Looking for a high mast pole for your industrial space?
As one of the leading high mast pole manufacturers in India, Utkarsh India offers a wide range of products. Our high mast lighting poles are manufactured conforming to IS Standards. Our high mast lighting poles are available both in three point and two point suspension. Known for their durability, precise engineering, and easy installation, Our products are exported to countries such as Nepal, Qatar, Oman, Rwanda, Togo, and Sharjah-UAE. Our products undergo stringent quality checks to ensure that they meet international standards. We also offer customised solutions to our clients. To get a quote, fill in your details.